”By presenting an opportunity to new and exciting indie filmmakers, VIDI SPACE has given a voice to those that may not have had the chance before. As well, the film festival is offering fresh and original stories to audiences looking for the next big thing in genre and beyond. If you are ready for thrills, chills, laughs and passion, look no further than the VIDI SPACE Film Festival!Jimmy OJoBlo and Arrow in the Head (Writer, Contributor, Reviewer and Correspondent)
”Two of my favorite things in the word are 1) supporting independent films and filmmakers and 2) judging people. And now, thanks to the VIDI SPACE Film Festival, I get to do both!Kevin TenneyDirector of “Witchboard” and “Night of the Demons”
”At my core I am a passionate filmmaker and there’s so many talented artists creating that have not been discovered yet. That’s now changing with the most epic and hip film festival bringing life to their hard work! It’s been a dream to discover incredible films and screen them to a packed audience…Nick Groffxecutive Producer for Paranormal Lockdown, Ghost Adventures, and Ghost Stalkers. Co-Founder of VIDI SPACE.
”I'm honored and humbled to be an upcoming judge for the VIDI SPACE Film Festival. I'm inspired by the talent that has been submitted before me. I commend all of the actors, filmmakers, and crews that worked very hard on their projects. Thank you for entrusting me to watch your work. Congratulations to all of the finalists.Chad LindbergActor (The Fast and the Furious, October Sky, Sons of Anarchy, Supernatural, Sneaky Pete)
”Being a filmmaker myself, I know how hard it is to get a project off the ground and for it to be seen. I’ve been supporting filmmakers as much as I can via my site Arrowinthehead.com for 19 years now and I am elated to also have the opportunity to do so by way of being a Judge at the VIDI SPACE Film Festival! I can’t wait to see all of your films! Bring them on! Let's have some fun!John FallonFounder of Arrow in the Head. Screenwriter, Director and Actor.
”The winner of the Spacers’ Choice Award, voted on by the VIDI.SPACE OTT community subscribers will receive a $1,000 that they can put towards their upcoming production. When establishing VSFF’s first year, we really wanted to offer a festival that not only showcased the submitted titles, but supported the creation of future projects for these independent filmmakers.Elizabeth SaintPresident and CEO of VIDI.SPACE
Awards & Prizes
Winning entrants in each of the below categories will be awarded the following:
– 2 VIP Tickets to the Film Festival held in Virginia
– Distribution Offer (see more details below)
– A Framed Winner Certificate
– One Year Free Subscription to the VIDI.SPACE online streaming platform
– $1,000 (Only to the Recipient of the Spacer’s Choice Award)
SPACER’S CHOICE AWARD: All winning entrants in every category will have the chance to win $1,000 which is voted on by our VIDI SPACE Subscribers, known as Spacers, at the end of the year after all submissions are in. All voting will be completed before the event and announced at the Film Festival.
- SPACERS’ CHOICE AWARD ($1,000 Cash Prize)
- SPACERS’ CHOICE AWARD
- BEST PICTURE
- BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
- BEST HORROR FEATURE
- BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
- BEST INTERNATIONAL FEATURE
- BEST SCI-FI FEATURE
- BEST CUP FEATURE
- BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT
- BEST HORROR SHORT
- BEST COMEDY SHORT
- BEST ANIMATED SHORT
- BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT
- BEST SCI-FI SHORT
- BEST EXPERIMENTAL SHORT
- BEST STUDENT SHORT
- BEST CUP SHORT
- BEST WEB SERIES
- BEST MUSIC VIDEO
- BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR/ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
- BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR/ACTRESS IN A HORROR
- BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR/ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
- BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR/ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
- BEST VOICE PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR/ACTRESS
- BEST PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD ACTOR/ACTRESS
- BEST ENSEMBLE CAST
- BEST DIRECTOR
- BEST DIRECTORIAL DEBUT
- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
- BEST EDITING
- BEST SOUND EDITING
- BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS
- BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
- BEST COSTUME DESIGN
- BEST SOUND
- BEST MUSIC ORIGINAL SCORE
- BEST MUSIC ORIGINAL SONG
- OFFICIAL SELECTION
RESTON TOWN CENTER
11940 Market St, Reston, VA 20190
2021 Schedule TBD
By sending in your film and/or series to the VIDI SPACE Film Festival (VSFF), you accept all of these Terms and Conditions in their entirety without any changes; of course, you must be legally authorized to represent the work.
By submitting your film, take note that:
• You agree to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose.
• We promote some of the films by uploading the trailers/teasers/posters/production stills.
• All submissions are final. No refunds are provided.
• Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
• The films will not be available online.
• By submitting, you’re giving us permission to exhibit your film at the online live streaming event, screeners to press and other screenings (such as promotional events, etc.).
• Online submission will be accepted through film festival platform FilmFreeway.
We will accept hardcopies. These must be a digital copy on USB or external hard drive.
We do not accept:
• Amateur videos
• Film that are available free to watch online (i.e. YouTube, your personal website)
• Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD)
By submitting, you represent and warrant that you have full legal right and authority to submit the film/video project for consideration, and that all necessary consents, licensing, and approvals have been obtained with respect thereto. You agree to hold VIDI SPACE INC and its sponsors harmless in any and all matters pertaining to the consents, licenses, and approvals of heretofore film/video project. You understand that your submission is in no way a guarantee of acceptance into the VSFF.
We won’t make any claims of ownership to your film or series in any part. If you are a category winner, your film will be given the option to be distributed by VIDI SPACE INC whether it is an exclusive or non-exclusive agreement. Both options offer different benefits and involve a separate contract after the film .
The company or individual(s) submitting the film shall indemnify and hold harmless the VIDI SPACE Film Festival, VIDI SPACE INC and its agents and associates from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to any projects and/or materials submitted to the VIDI SPACE Film Festival. The individual(s) or company submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
By sending a project to the VIDI SPACE Film Festival, all entrants agree to the complete contents of the VIDI SPACE INC’s Terms of Services and the Submission Terms of Service, as they are outlined on the official VIDI SPACE website at https://vidi.space/submission-terms-of-service/.
The VIDI SPACE Film Festival only accepts entries online via FilmFreeway.com or snail mail at the disclosed address. If your film is not in English, it must be subtitled in English or dubbed in English. The VIDI SPACE Film Festival does not return submitted materials.